Wanted: Your experience in Fleet Management
Our client is a leading group of companies in the field of leasing and customized maintenance of railway vehicles.
It specialises in electric and diesel locomotive engines, with its own network of workshops, storage facilities, mobile service technicians and international contractual partners throughout Europe.
In order to manage the company’s increasing growth, we are looking for someone interested in locomotive technology, for the coordination centre in Kassel/DE (alternatively at the operating sites in Krefeld/DE or Strasbourg/FR), to fill the position of a
European Process and Maintenance Manager of Locomotive Technology (m/f/d) – 3400
Are you interested in being assigned with the responsibility for the maintenance thereof?
What you can expect:
- A dynamic corporate culture with orientation towards, and commitment to, providing services
- An international working environment
- A successful and quickly-growing group of companies
- An attractive salary, including social benefits (e.g. company pension scheme)
Your tasks (what we expect from you):
In this role, you will report to the Head of Fleet Management and you will be responsible for the management (administration, logging/record keeping, and storage) of maintenance tasks concerning the specific locomotive fleets assigned to you
You will be responsible for the smooth processing of all full-service rental agreements from A-Z, and will be the responsible contact person for both customers and maintenance-side suppliers
Furthermore, you will ensure that all safety, technical and financial requirements are met
Your tasks in detail:
- Planning and coordination of preventative and corrective maintenance
- Scheduling of service technicians and organization of standby emergency services
- Direction of maintenance measures that take into account the specific requirements and wishes of each customer
- Coordination with the material management in regards to the provision of necessary spare parts and components
- Maintenance of the web-based customer information system
- Responsibility for updating and keeping vehicle histories
- Successful completion of technical apprenticeship, or a degree in engineering
- Professional experience in the field of customer service, including the planning and scheduling of service contracts – preferably in the area of railway vehicles, trucks, cars, machines or industrial plants
- Experience in the management of service teams and in the field of maintenance and repair
- Technical understanding of, and expertise in, general mechanics and electrical engineering
- Good IT skills, especially Microsoft Office applications and in handling CRM and ERP systems
- Good language skills in German, English, and ideally French, required (these will help in communications with the French parent company as well as with European customers, foreign subsidiaries, service technicians and employees in authorized workshops
You enjoy being the “spider in the web” and live for the demands made on international service business. In this context, you are customer-oriented, communicative and have a sure instinct for specific (cultural) situations. Furthermore, you have a structured and methodical work ethic, with good organisational skills. Finally, you a team player, able to work under pressure, and have a confident appearance to both customers and suppliers.
Can we arouse your interest? If so, we look forward to receiving your application documents with details of your salary expectations and period of notice, labelled under the position number 3400 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not the “European Process and Maintenance Manager (m/f/d)” we are looking for, but you know someone who is, please tip them off about this position. In this way you can benefit from our expertalis recommendation bonus.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us. Your contact person, Dr Philip Wenger, is available telephonically: +49 2 11 1 38 66 37 0.
We assure you of our utmost discretion and compliance with/adherence to notices of non-disclosure.